Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do I deal with a controlling roommate who out ranks me and is in the same class?

Ok, i'm in the Navy and this guy and I are really alike. We're both the type that likes to be in control. So we're constantly butting heads. And since he out ranks me, he always wins. That and for some reason he has to be right. He never admits when he screws up. What do I do?How do I deal with a controlling roommate who out ranks me and is in the same class?
Just think of this as close quarters practice in getting along with another human being for an extended length of time. Since you both like to be in charge it will be a battle to the death over every little thing. You may want to set some rules together and figure out how to be type A in the same house. Usually in life opposites attract so you may get a better deal next time if you get to choose the roomie. I am alpha and very territorial and independent so I have a lot to work on myself. I do well with a good natured person with a great sense of humor and is kind of a goofball. It is a shame about the rank but he should check that in at the front door. It's not fair to you! Best of luck to you!!How do I deal with a controlling roommate who out ranks me and is in the same class?
work towards a higher rank
ignore, and try to stay out of his way.
Ignore him, he should be the least of your worries. If anything, talk your concerns through with him, and see if you both can come to a conclusion.





Good luck!
Play the game, my friend. Go along with him in a manner that convinces him 'your idea' was 'his idea', establish his trust in you, and then you'll likely get your own way in the long run.
Set some reasonable boundaries, and go way out of proportion apesh*t whenever he crosses them, never sweat the small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment