Sunday, January 24, 2010

Are your classes disrupted by out of control kids? HS and middle school...?

Around here the classes are so disrupted by the kids who don't learn ,won't and don't want to learn, that I think parents would freak if they knew how bad it is.It isn't normal and should be stopped.How is it there where you are? In school people please.Are your classes disrupted by out of control kids? HS and middle school...?
My mom used to teach middle school but quit because of the lack of support from the principal/administration. She would have all levels in her class from gifted to special needs and everything in between. The gifted were bored, the special needs were lost and the normal/average kid got nothing because the others were disruptive. Parents would blame the school system, the other kids play the race card and everything else except they didn't hold their child accountable.


No child left behind sounds good in theory but it doesn't seem to be working. I'd like to see what would happen if kids were grouped by ability in core classes. Would grades improve because the others in your class would be at your ability level and you wouldn't have to feel 'stupid' for not understanding.


Too many good teachers are leaving the profession due to lack of support and low pay. When are people going to wake up and take a stand?!!!Are your classes disrupted by out of control kids? HS and middle school...?
yeah, in england where im from its just the same


you just get used to it, theres no point kicking up a fuss about it coz its been like this for ages, it'll never change
definately...


my school is pretty bad for that, my last years earth science class, the teacher had no control over it at all... the students who wanted to learn found it very difficult and the rest of us (most of the class) found it funny....


i think its definately getting worse, possibly because teachers allow it, and parents ignore it when they are notified of their teen misbehaving....





in school suspensions would help lots... like writing essays all day in a small room with nothing but a desk, chair, pen and paper...





i know i'd hate that... and try to not distrupt class... but I also have ADD (attention deficit disorder) and that makes it really difficult to sit thru an entire class... plus our classes are 80mins long which is way too long and part of the problem...
No, not normally. I'm 17 and in my last year of high school and it's by choice if you want to be there. If you don't want to be there you can just leave and get a job.





There are the odd few who still go to school when they don't want to be, but they just wag and go off driving somewhere.





I live in New Zealand.





When student from younger classes misbehave we often get them referred into our classes. They do disrupt our class and we have to put up with their rude attitudes and taking up our valuable learning time!!





This always annoyed me when I was younger too.
trust me when I say that this has been going on since the begining of time..





I went to school with kids that would try to start a fist fight with the teacher and if that did not work they would throw chairs and tables around the room. One kid passed out, One kid peed in the corner.. One girl chased another girl down the hallway with a knife... It was a normal day...
yes, thats how my school is. unless you are in all advanced classes, but unforunately i only got into some advanced classes, not all :(
I say kids that refuse to learn should drop out.


They're a waste of space and time.





Okay. I think most do change, but for the ones that don't...


-_______-
I actually quit my high school, got my GED and went on to college, two years before i should have graduated, because the high school i was at was pretty much a piece of crap. Kids got away with everything, cussing at teachers, talking in class. I mean some kids couldn't get the concept that some of us were actually there to learn. It was horrible. I couldn't stand to see kids my age acting that way and then being put in that category just because we were in the same grade or age.

No comments:

Post a Comment