Wednesday, January 20, 2010

With even middle-class parents like the McCanns any wonder your (British) kids are out of control yobs?

Are British parents the worst in Europe?


http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6108302.stm





';On every indicator of bad behaviour - drugs, drink, violence, promiscuity - the UK was at or near the top, said the Institute for Public Policy Research. ';With even middle-class parents like the McCanns any wonder your (British) kids are out of control yobs?
We're not exactly in tears over your leaving either ! ! !With even middle-class parents like the McCanns any wonder your (British) kids are out of control yobs?
You dont say exactly what part of paradise you come from!!!.


I am proud to be British. We were alright before we got the bad influence from abroad.


Glad your going
Don't hurry back pal: this country will still be here when yours is long forgotten!
I happen to think you are right and to be honest I dont even need to go to the link. day after day I read about gangs and murders and drugs.


I dont want to sound like an old bat ( I'm 41) but in my teenage years it was vandalism and fisty cuffs at the chippy on a Friday night. seems to me now, you are not properly dressed unless you go out with a knife or a gun.


VERY scary Indeed.


Ive not lived in the uk for many years and I certainly have no plans to return.


I'll stay safe and happy in greece thanks very much.
Its not just British children that are out of control you know. Yes, I do blame parents for a lot of out of control yobs behaviour, but sadly Madeleine is not even probably going to get the chance to be out of control is she?
At least our kids don't need to see psychologists every week!
There is bad parenting in the UK, but the good kids outweigh the bad, they are just never shown on the news.





There is bad parenting everywhere, I live in Greece and I see bad parenting here all the time, some of the kids I know will grow up to be hooligans and some will go a long way.





Where are you from by the way? Let us know so we can visit and learn how to be perfect parents, as obviously all the kids there are angels.





Edit - If you are from the states then you question is a little insulting - most of the violence on the streets of the UK results from kids being influenced by what they see on American TV shows.
not all kids are bad so i dint think you have the right to judge all kids the same
I'm not quite sure what your connection between the McCanns and yobs is.


However in some ways, I do agree with you. It's a waste of talent, childhood and it wears down the social structure.





BTW It took me two years living in this country before I really began to appreciate it and now I love it. Woulnd't move back home,f or anything. and my four children are very well behaved, polite, well adjusted, etc.
Of course all the crime in Britain is the McCann's fault. Do the police in other countries realise how dangerous it is to let people like that in.
Yes England may have a problem with out of control children but it is just a very small minority. I have to say i worry for my children because i hate to think what it is going to be like when they are teenagers / adults.





But other countrys are alot worse than here, I was in America recently and all that you ever read about or heard on the news was about people being killed.And that includes teenagers killing each other. im glad to say England is not anywhere as near as bad as USA yet but im sure it wont be to long until it is.





Perhaps England should start by giving out sentances to fit peoples crime................ They should get LIFE in jail if they kill someone instead of just a few years. That includes drunk drivers who get in their car and kill innocent people.
At least our kids don't go into school with guns and massacre their classmates. Neither do they need to see a shrink to cope with life. Goodbye, don't come back anytime soon.
No i do not think so ....





I have lived in many countries and i have to say every country has out of control children ...





I think this report is unfair and biased ....





Children from all nationalities will express themselves through bad behaviour etc ...





Is this not part of growing up ?





What annoys me is parents always get the blame for their childrens behaviour ..





We can teach our children right from wrong.. we teach them morals and standards and so on ...





What we can not teach them is not to give in to peer pressure that is something they have to do in order to grow from a child to an adult
I think your a bit out of line not all parents are like that yes there are some people you cant control there kids or leave them but its harsh to say ';your British kids are out of control yobs'; cause that makes out that every child in Britain is and they are not I know more well behaved kids with very good parents then I do the so called yobs your on about
Have you seen the date on this article? I would agree that we have more that our fair share of problems in this country with kids as you call them and yes respect has gone out of the window. What do you expect when programmes such as the Simpson are shown at children's peak viewing times. I watched it yesterday for the first time and I could not believe what I was seeing. We grown ups know it is all tongue in cheek stuff but impressionable kids do not have a clue and use this as programme as measure of behaviour towards others.





You say that you have been here a year on secondment well I'm sure that you will be taking back a lot of pleasant memories as well as the not so pleasant and you will have learnt a great deal from a country that has given the world so much.





You can blame the bad parenting on the liberal attitude of the so called do gooders...you will have them in your country too.
Sadly you could be right.
be quick then and dont bother to wave good bye
No the worst parents in Europe are Roma Gypsy's





They get their 3 and 4 yr old kids to pick pocket you on the tube.
As an anarchist, I'm proud of that.
Like most countries England has its problems with Yobs. Thank goodness these are in the minority, but these are the ones that make the newspapers as they get into gangs, have too much to drink and then cause problems. Perhaps its because they have more money to buy drink, hard to say what the main causes are. It is not just a recent thing it has gone on for years.
Please do not compare them to the McCanns,people in England are disgusted by the McCanns behavior.English parents are very caring and are tired of being dictated to by the government on how they should chastise their kids.We were brought up in the 50s and we were respectful to our parents.I blame the recent outpouring of behavior on to much freedom, a lack of censorship in the media,lack of immigration control,they should raise the legal drink limit to 21 years of age.There is to much violence on T.V.
Um...don't think one can make such wild generalisations.


Am sure there must be well brought up children in the UK somewhere! Why! some of the posters here from the UK seem very level headed upright human beings!





Seriously, such wild generalisations are as bad as comdemning Gerry %26amp; Kate McCann without proof!
its actually a mixture of things-bad parenting(especially those who let their kids roam the streets from a young age without knowing or caring what they are up to)%26amp; a justice system that is laughable-why not get drunk, steal a car,wrap it round a lampost then mug an old lady on the way home when you only get a slapped wrist and a 10p fine. the McCanns made a mistake-all parents do no matter what class they are.i'm sure all parents in your country are perfect and polish their halo's daily.haven't you got a plane to catch......make sure you don't get sat next to a british child or parent though....you may not survive.bye
I expect there's some of us that are glad you're leaving too.
I'm not really sure it's indicative of British parenting (or lack thereof!) these issues are common in western cultures (America included if that is where you have been posted here from) and yes we do need to improve our track record on things like alcohol and drug use, teenage pregnancy etc but its not all down to the parenting, we have a wider societal responsibility for children and we are all failing the kids of today.





Don't get me wrong, I have worked in youth justice for over eight years and parenting or familial issues (such as domestic violence etc) probably have had an impact on over 80% of the kids I have come into contact with in my time.





What the McCanns did was wrong but what is worse is they have not publicly aknowledged that they broke the law - worse still they have publicly stated that what they did was 'well within the bounds of responsible parenting'. As a trainee social worker I can tell you that is absolutely not true, what they did is classified as wilful neglect and as such is illegal in the UK and social services will be speaking to them on their return to the UK.





I think the governement have more of a role to play in fixing some of these issues - but a lot of parents could be doing better too and there should be more money invested in preventative social work - this concept is almost unheard of these days as social workers are under enough pressure 'fire fighting' in high risk cases.
try to understand the UK was okay until American influences


arrived gun crime was rare.....not any more
My employers posted me in the UK for 12 months - I'm so glad I'm leaving





so am i :-)
I know what you mean, quite honestly, I want to leave this country too, I'm glad you're laving, unlike us, you don't have to put up with it like we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment